Count Columns - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ray Madigan
Subject Count Columns
Date
List pgsql-sql
I haven't done very many complex queries in sql, and maybe Im thinking about
my problem wrong but:

Is there a way to count the number of null or not null columns in a row and
have an output column that has that count as the value?
I want to create a ranking of the row based upon the number of not null
columns are in the row.  I want to have to use as few seperate queries as
possible.

The table that i want to do the query on is either a view or a temporary
table, I guess depending on if I can do this easily or if brut force is
required, Or if I have to think of a new way to solve my problem.

The table is like

CREATE TABLE myTbl ( name varchar(5) primary key, a varchar(5), b
varchar(5), c varchar(5) );

ending table looks like

name |  a  |  b  |  c  |
foo  |  A  |     |  C  |