Fwd: Postgres forums ... take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Elliot Chance
Subject Fwd: Postgres forums ... take 2
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry folks, this is an old message I forgot to copy pgsql-general on.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Elliot Chance <elliotchance@gmail.com>
Date: 21 December 2010 11:48:07 AM AEDT
To: Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres forums ... take 2

On 21/12/2010, at 11:26 AM, Thom Brown wrote:

On 29 November 2010 04:31, Elliot Chance <elliotchance@gmail.com> wrote:
Discussion will continue on the wiki page:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Forums_at_postgresql.com.au

Even though the discussion has moved I still intent to keep pushing the issues to a resolution. The wiki is not shelving the idea for another time.

I know this topic has gone quiet, I still think it's worth investing
time and resources in.  I don't expect any progress to be made until
the new year now, but I hope we can continue this after the Christmas
period is over.

And nice work collating the discussions so far onto the wiki.  That
should make it easier for everyone to keep up with developments :)

Yeah, most people are either away or busy with holiday plans. I intended to revisit this in January. When the attention rises again I might have to start enforcing dead lines otherwise it could drag out forever.

Dead lines and caffeine seem to be the only things that gets a developers attention...

Everyone have a good christmas!

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion