Re: *Regarding brin_index on required column of the table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: *Regarding brin_index on required column of the table
Date
List pgsql-general

> On 21 Sep 2018, at 17:49, Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgres9@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <Query>

Considering how hard you try to get rid of duplicates, I'm quite convinced that you're at least short a few join
conditions.Getting rid of duplicates early has the added benefit of having to aggregate fewer rows, which should
drasticallyimprove the performance of this query.

In addition, your approach of using both distinct and group by raises a red flag that you're fighting symptoms (most
likely:duplicate results) without understanding their causes. I can't think of a single situation where both are
justifiedin the same (sub-)query.

Alban Hertroys