Re: Sudden JVM crashes - a Postgres driver problem? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Sudden JVM crashes - a Postgres driver problem?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
JVM's shouldn't crash *ever* this is a bug in the JVM.

Dave
On 29-Mar-07, at 11:12 AM, ljairath@uoguelph.ca wrote:

I know that much. That's the only exception in the log and caused our Tomcat JVM to crash. What is the reason for it. Can somebody explain it? Thx.

Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, ljairath@uoguelph.ca wrote:

> The following query has caused our JVM to crash. could someone please
> explain it? our configuration is:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: date/time field value out of
> range: "2007-2-29 0:0"

This is not a JVM crash. It's a standard Exception being thrown by the
server correctly rejecting an invalid date. There is no 29th of February
in 2007.

Kris Jurka