transition SRA PostgreSQL CE -> LPI-JP OSS-DB lost English version - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Mair
Subject transition SRA PostgreSQL CE -> LPI-JP OSS-DB lost English version
Date
Re: transition SRA PostgreSQL CE -> LPI-JP OSS-DB lost English version  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Update: now available! Was: transition SRA PostgreSQL CE -> LPI-JP OSS-DB lost English version  (Chris Mair <chris@1006.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

some of you may know the SRA PostgreSQL CE certification:
http://www.sraoss.co.jp/postgresql-ce/

In recent news this certification was discontinued to the
benefit of the new OSS-DB delivered through LPI-Japan:
http://www.oss-db.jp/

While the SRA one (Silver at least) was available through
Pearson-VUE in English the new OSS-DB is not (yet).

This is creating some problem here, because for some type
of courses I'm involved with as a trainer, I'm in need of
a readily available, affordable certification exam for
PostgreSQL in English (*). The SRA Silver CE exactly matched
what I needed.

So the question is: what can I do? Does anybody know
whether OSS-DB will be available in English some time
soon? Does anybody know about another exam (available
through Pearson-VUE or Prometric) that tests PostgreSQL?

I'm aware of http://www.postgresqlcertification.org/
but that seems to be sort of abandoned.

Bye,
Chris.

(*) or Italian, for that matter, but that's even more unlikely...