Re: Should we add xid_current() or a int8->xid cast? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: Should we add xid_current() or a int8->xid cast?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Apr 2, 2020, at 7:39 PM, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

<v9-0001-Add-SQL-type-xid8-to-expose-FullTransactionId-to-.patch><v9-0002-Introduce-xid8_XXX-functions-to-replace-txid_XXX.patch><v9-0003-Replace-all-txid_XXX-usage-in-tests-with-xid8_XXX.patch>

These apply cleanly, build and pass check-world on mac, and the documentation and regression test changes surrounding
txidlook good to me.

FYI, (not the responsibility of this patch), we never quite define what the abbreviation "xip" stands for.  If "Active
xid8sat the time of the snapshot." were rewritten as "In progress xid8s at the time of the snapshot", it might be
slightlyeasier for the reader to figure out that "xip" = "Xid8s In Progress".  As it stands, nothing in the docs seems
toexplain the abbrevation.  See doc/src/sgml/func.sgml

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company