triggers and functions in pgsql 7.0.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Britten
Subject triggers and functions in pgsql 7.0.2
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm going through your docs trying to create a function and a trigger that
calls said function, what I've gotten so far is

CREATE FUNCTION create_count_cache()
       RETURNS opaque AS
       '
     BEGIN;
     DELETE FROM SnipCount;
     INSERT INTO SnipCount SELECT LangID, COUNT(LangID) AS CNT FROM
snippet GROUP BY LangID;
     COMMIT;
       '
       LANGUAGE 'sql';

CREATE TRIGGER count_change
       AFTER DELETE OR INSERT ON snippet FOR EACH ROW
       EXECUTE PROCEDURE create_count_cache();

however LANGUAGE sql cannot return opaque and plpgsql is not a known lang
type.

it seems that all your docs are a bit out of date, can you give me some help
please?

marc britten