Help: Input Error Notice - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From McCormick, Bill
Subject Help: Input Error Notice
Date
List pgsql-novice
I have been investigating this error message for several days now but am
unable to find anything useful--perhaps someone will be able to assist
me?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

billmccormick@catholichealth.net

The details:

In version 7.2, I have created a table:

                       Table "bulkdata"
       Column       |           Type           |  Modifiers
--------------------+--------------------------+--------------
 processedby        | integer                  | default 0
 recordstatus       | integer                  | default 0
 datetime           | timestamp with time zone |
 sourceaddress      | inet                     |
 sourceport         | integer                  |
 destinationaddress | inet                     |
 destinationport    | integer                  |
 packetsize         | integer                  |
 direction          | integer                  | default 0
 category           | integer                  | default 2000
 associatedwith     | integer                  | default 5000

I am running the output of tcpdump through an awk script to generate
insert statements for psql like: insert into bulkData values(0, 0,
'05/13/2005 11:29:20', '10.250.7.54', 1063, '10.255.64.90', 139, 1500,
1, 1000, 5035);

(/usr/sbin/tcpdump -i eth1 -nnttttvv udp or tcp 2>/dev/null | awk -f
/root/awkScript | /usr/bin/psql -f- traffic>/dev/null)

Periodically, I receive messages like: psql:<stdin>:346920: ERROR:
dtoi: integer out of range