Re: 1600 Column limit.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Williams, Travis L, NPONS
Subject Re: 1600 Column limit..
Date
List pgsql-general
1) What is the "array datatype"?  I looked for this under data types and
didn't see it.

2) We have a huge amount of scripts that basically maintain the our
network as a whole.  They are wanting to start off by getting out of
using a 20 meg flat file because every time they do an update it takes
forever..  so we are trying to mimic what they have in the file.. then
in the future we can get them to change how their data is structured..
in their datafile they have it set up exactly like the db is.. lotsa
columns.. then they look for different trends in the data.. or they look
for specific values per shelf.. I understand how this could be done with
this information all together.. but getting them to do change thier
scripts is something else.. what I did was break it down into 3 seperate
tables.. with each piece of information in a different one..
Travis