Re: A way to link oracle DB to postgres DB for data transfer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Williams, Travis L, NPONS
Subject Re: A way to link oracle DB to postgres DB for data transfer
Date
List pgsql-general
I don't know about DB specific.. and their might be a better way.. but
couldn't you just dump the data to file in a specific format/order and
cp to wherever postgres is running and have a script that reads it back
in?

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Zuhra.Sanusi@seagate.com [mailto:Zuhra.Sanusi@seagate.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 6:43 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] A way to link oracle DB to postgres DB for data
transfer

I need to transfer  data that reside in my oracle database  to  my
postgres
database on a specific interval.

So, is a way to create a link between the oracle DB and the postgres DB
for data transfer usage.

If I were to do it between 2 oracle database , I could have done via a
DBLINK.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me pointers on how to
get
this done.

Thank you. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Zuhra Sanusi

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster