Re: XML Index again - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: XML Index again
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8 Mar 2010, at 11:39, Chris Roffler wrote:

> Alban
>
> Thanks for your help, your suggestion worked.
>
> I need another xpath expression to find any Attribute with  Name ="xxxx" under the Attributes node. (not just if it
isin a specific position)
> see   query below.
> How do I create an index for this xpath expression ?

Come to think of it... You seem to be storing an attribute/value list in the database in XML. Is there any reason not
tostore the attributes and their values as a normal table? Your approach seems a bit over-complicated and you seem to
havesome trouble getting your own mind around it.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4b94e083296929244758856!