Re: Describe Table - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: Describe Table
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Dec 17, 2007, at 10:56 AM, <danap@dandymadeproductions.com>
<danap@dandymadeproductions.com> wrote:

> I've reviewed much of the documentation and the forums,
> but unable to seem to find a easy way to obtain the same
> thing as the 'psql \d table' through sql. I know I can create
> through collecting info on table, but seems there must be an
> easier way. I desire to create a standard type SQL dump
> syntax.

If you start psql with the -E flag, it will display all sql generated
by internal commands such as those generated by \d commands.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888