Re: PG 9.0 Solaris compile error on Sparc - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PG 9.0 Solaris compile error on Sparc
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrot=
e:
> Dave Page p=C3=AD=C5=A1e v po 19. 07. 2010 v 13:32 +0100:
>> I'm working on setting up a new buildfarm member as we don't seem to
>> have any active Solaris ones :-(
>
> Unfortunately, I had to stop them :(. Sorry.
>
> I cannot remember this bug. However for Solaris 10 is better to use
> SunStudio 11. I see lot of bugs in SunStudio 12 and also postgresql with
> dtrace is not possible compile with sunstudio 12 due some optimization.
> It is bug in solaris 10 which is not fixed(backported) yet.

<grumble>

> Anyway it is strange. I used following switches without any problem:
>
> ./configure --without-readline --enable-cassert --enable-debug
> --enable-nls --enable-integer-datetimes --with-perl --with-python \
> --with-tcl --with-krb5 --with-gssapi --with-openssl --with-pam \
> --enable-thread-safety --with-includes=3D/usr/include/kerberosv5:/usr/sfw=
/include --with-libs=3D/usr/sfw/lib --enable-dtrace --with-libxml --with-li=
bxslt

Hmm. Perl fails here, as it seems to be 32 bit. OpenSSL fails, due to
lack of libcryto, and TCL seems to fail due to lack of headers (though
I didn't look very hard). I'm assuming these issues are largely due to
my inexperience with Solaris, or are there some development packages
or similar I should be downloading?

> I see also that you use S10U3 which is not optimal for PostgreSQL. You
> need to have S10U4 (at least for kerberos and dtrace).

Hmm, I'll have to see about upgrading it without annoying other users.

Thanks!

--=20
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company