Re: SOCK_wait_for_ready function call caused a query to get stuck - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: SOCK_wait_for_ready function call caused a query to get stuck
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM, tamanna madaan
<tamanna.madan@globallogic.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Merlin .
>
> If I am getting you correctly, you mean to say that I should check for
> waiting queries in pg_stat_activity table
> while my application is hung at SOCK_wait_for_ready function call  . Right
> ??

correct. let's hope the problem is here (look for waiting = true).
Also take note of any sessions idle in transaction if there are any.

> Yes I am opening multiple seesions with ODBC driver  and my application is
> multi threaded .

The worst and possibly the most likely case is that you have some sort
of threading/synchronization problem in your application or possibly
the odbc driver itself.

merlin