truncating or full vacuuming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Viktor Bojović
Subject truncating or full vacuuming
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

while creating an index on billion records table i have canceled creation because index took me ~70GB of space.
When I looked into disk space i saw that space is still occupied , and the index doesn't exist.
I have started full vacuuming but it still runs after three days, so i wanted to ask if there is some other way to free that space.
Would it be better if i truncate table and insert all records again (costs ~1.5 day) or is there some other solution?

Thanx in advance
--
Viktor Bojović