Re: finding the other statement causing a sharelock - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: finding the other statement causing a sharelock
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
<mail@webthatworks.it> wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:45:12 -0500
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it> writes:
>> > I get
>> > DETAIL:  Process 24749 waits for ShareLock on transaction
>> > 113443492; blocked by process 25199. Process 25199 waits for
>> > ShareLock on transaction 113442820; blocked by process 24749.
>>
>> > I would like to know both statements that caused the sharelock
>> > problem.
>
>> Recent versions of PG record both (or all) statements involved in a
>> deadlock in the postmaster log.

Don't know how much it helps here, but this page:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoring
is priceless when you're having issues midday with a lock that won't go away.