Re: beta3 & the open items list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: beta3 & the open items list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Right, of course.  That's already in the pending patch isn't it?
>
>> Is this sarcasm, or is there a pending patch I'm not aware of?
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=281

+1 for applying something along these lines, but we'll also need to
update walreceiver to actually use one or more of these new
parameters.

On a quick read, I think I see a problem with this: if a parameter is
specified with a non-zero value and there is no OS support available
for that parameter, it's an error.  Presumably, for our purposes here,
we'd prefer to simply ignore any parameters for which OS support is
not available.  Given the nature of these parameters, one might argue
that's a more useful behavior in general.

Also, what about Windows?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company