Re: setting contrib lo visible to all schemas - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gurjeet Singh
Subject Re: setting contrib lo visible to all schemas
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Teddy Limousin <mongaru007@gmail.com> wrote:
thanks tom, aparently your rigth in the sql dump file there are some
set search_path changes
I tried the set search_path command and use the same query that generate
the error and it works on my pgadmin editor.

My question is how can I set the search_path for all users or all conections
so my  application will find the lo type.

You can use the ALTER DATABASE dbname SET search_path = ...
or can do it for individual user as: ALTR USER uname SET search_path = ...

thanks

2010/5/20 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

Teddy Limousin <mongaru007@gmail.com> writes:
> I guess this is because when executing the sql command to install lo, it
> makes it visible from the public schema only
> not from the schema I`m using. So my question is how can I make lo type to
> be visible from all schemas

> by visible I mean accesible: not need to use for example public.lo to define
> a field of type lo

It sounds like you removed the public schema from your search_path
setting.  Don't do that ...

Teddy Limousin

--
gurjeet.singh