Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2011/3/27 Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>:

> On 03/27/2011 09:42 AM, David Fetter wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 09:12:33PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>>>
>>> As I've said before, I believe that the root cause of this problem is
>>> that using the same syntax for variables and column names is a bad
>>> idea in the first place.  If we used $foo or ?foo or ${foo} or $.foo
>>> or&&foo!!$#? to mean "the parameter called foo", then this would all
>>> be a non-issue.
>>
>> How about psql's :foo syntax?
>>

> Surely the time has long gone when we could have made such a choice. And the
> choice was not made in a vacuum.

Syntax for named parameters should be consistent with prepared
statement. Is there any comments in standard?

Regards

Pavel

SQL/PSM doesn't use any prefix - but it is little bit different
chapter then prepared statements.