Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause, - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause,
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> I was also worried about the non-hot-standby case, but I see that the
> patch makes sure you can't enable pause when not in hot standby mode.
> Which in itself might be surprising - perhaps we need a NOTICE for
> when that happens as well?

I didn't include this fix in the patch because I prefer FATAL to
NOTICE for that.
NOTICE doesn't stop recovery. So we might be unable to notice such a NOTICE
message and stop the recovery before it's too late, i.e., the recovery has
completed at the undesirable point. So I think that emitting FATAL is safer.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center