Re: Programming error: Out of Memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Arévalo
Subject Re: Programming error: Out of Memory
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jorge_Ar=E9valo?= <jorge.arevalo@deimos-space.com> writes:
>> Well, the query works if executed in psql client. Seems to be a Python
>> problem. I'll execute the rest of the loop queries in the client, just
>> in case.
>
>> But in case is a Python problem, why does it affect the postgres
>> process, causing a crash?
>
> Is the query parameterized when issued from Python?  If so it might work
> differently.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Yes, it takes the table names from another query (select table_names
from other_table), and the fields names from a XML file. Can the query
which fetch the table names cause a memory problem? Seems weird

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS