Re: VACUUM FULL deadlock with backend startup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: VACUUM FULL deadlock with backend startup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Nikhil Sontakke
<nikhil.sontakke@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> The fix is similar to the earlier commit by Tom. I tested this fix
> against 8.3.13. We lock the parent catalog now before calling
> index_open. Patch against git HEAD attached with this mail. I guess we
> will backpatch this? Tom's last commit was backpatched till 8.2 I
> think.

Is it really worth slowing down the startup sequence for every
connection to avoid deadlocking against a very rare maintenance
operation?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company