Re: Analysis Function - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From David Jarvis
Subject Re: Analysis Function
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

It's not immediately obvious what the default value of "timezone"
will be?

The system's locale, like now(); documentation can clarify.

By named parameter, I meant default value. You could construct a timestamp variable using:

  construct_timestamp( year := 1900, hour := 1 )

When I read that code, the first thing I think it should return is:

  1900-01-01 01:00:00.0000-07

I agree construct_timestamp( hour := 1 ) and construct_date() are errors: year is required.

Dave

P.S.
I prefer to_timestamp and to_date over the more verbose construct_timestamp.