Re: Dynamic binding in plpgsql function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitriy Igrishin
Subject Re: Dynamic binding in plpgsql function
Date
List pgsql-general

2011/3/2 Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/3/2 Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>
>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > EXECUTE 'SELECT ' || callback || '($1)' USING y INTO x;
>> >
>> > there are no other way than EXECUTE
>> >
>> > attention - there is a sql injection risk
>>
>> another way if you are willing to write some C is to wrap and expose
>> OidFunctionCall1 so it takes oid of function you want to call.
>
> As always, Merlin shows the uncommon thinking! :-)
> Respect!

Thank you, and I would like to be able to claim original invention of
this idea, however I cannot: it came from none other than Tom
Lane...http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/improvise-callbacks-in-plpgsql-td2052928.html
(for whom nary a day goes by that I am not thankful for his tireless
efforts).
Ahh, thanks to Tom Lane then !
And thank you for the link of interesting topic from past :-)

merlin

--
// Dmitriy.