Re: Maximum size for char or varchar with limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Filip Rembiałkowski
Subject Re: Maximum size for char or varchar with limit
Date
List pgsql-general

2010/12/19 Jasen Betts <jasen@xnet.co.nz>
I have some values of perhaps 20Mb that I might want to store samples
of in a partitioned table. (so I can delete them easily) what's the right way?

20 Mbits or 20 MBytes?

how big samples?

answer to your question depends on what you want to do with these samples in SQL.

if you could give more background information...

I guess I could just keep them as disk files and rotate the
directories as I rotate partitions.

if only reason is "to store" - then files are probably best idea.

PS. why did you post a reply to this thread? It does not seem related