Re: libpq changes for synchronous replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: libpq changes for synchronous replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> It doesn't feel right to always accept PQputCopyData in COPY OUT mode,
> though. IMHO there should be a new COPY IN+OUT mode.
>
> It should be pretty safe to add a CopyInOutResponse message to the protocol
> without a protocol version bump. Thoughts on that?

Or we check "replication" field in PGConn, and accept PQputCopyData in
COPY OUT mode only if it indicates TRUE? This is much simpler, but maybe
not versatile..

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao