Re: parser handling of large object OIDs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: parser handling of large object OIDs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that the comment code is probably right, because I think
> IConst can only handle values < 2^31, whereas OIDs can be as large as
> 2^32-1.

I investigated this a little more and the above analysis turns out to
be correct.  ALTER LARGE OBJECT OWNER and GRANT ... ON LARGE OBJECT
don't work for large objects outside the range of a signed integer.
Session demonstrating the problem and proposed patch attached.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Attachment