Change view with dependencies function: PG 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Thangalin
Subject Change view with dependencies function: PG 8.3
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

Found Sim's functions:

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-general@postgresql.org/msg57733.html

How do you run the viewchanger function? I have tried:

SELECT 1 FROM viewchanger( 'beplanallcover',
"CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW beplanallcover AS
 SELECT DISTINCT p.personid, ... WHERE p.personid='1234'" )

The error message is:

ERROR:  function CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW beplanallcover AS
 SELECT DISTINCT p.pe() does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts.

I do not know why p.personid is being changed to p.pe().

I could not find much information on whether 8.4 provides a native facility to change a VIEW's underlying query statement without having to drop all dependencies. (I noticed there is an ALTER VIEW and mechanism to add columns.) Any information on other solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Dave