Re: Basic JSON support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: Basic JSON support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you extract this from his work, or is this completely independent?
>  I'm a bit disinclined to say we should just toss overboard all the
> work that's already been done.  Why did you write a new patch?

I read his patch and am inspired by the work, but the code is almost
rewritten. As my previous comment, http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-08/msg01773.php
I think it's not a good idea to develop JSON datatype based on the
complex node links. The point of my patch is to simplify it.

I'd like to encourage use of the simplified structure to implement
his other works, including JSONPath.

--
Itagaki Takahiro