Re: Database recovery. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Waqar Azeem
Subject Re: Database recovery.
Date
Re: Database recovery.  (Harald Armin Massa <harald@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-general
my windows event viewer says:

2011-03-24 11:24:22 GMT FATAL:  could not create lock file "postmaster.pid": Permission denied

is this helpfull?

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Waqar Azeem <waqarazeem.private@gmail.com> wrote:
I copy the whole folder 'Data' to another PC where fresh postgresql 8.4 is installed (same as default config. that previous version have had)

when i started the server got following ...

The postgresql-8.4 - PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service could not be started.
The service did not report an error.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.
The start command returned an error (2)
Press <return> to continue...

any clue?