Re: REVIEW: EXPLAIN and nfiltered - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: REVIEW: EXPLAIN and nfiltered
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:16, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> This patch looked good, in general, to me.  I added a few documentation
> updates and a comment, but it's a very straight-forward patch as far as
> I can tell.  Passes all regressions and my additional testing.

Looks good and useful for me, too.

We need to adjust a bit more documentation. The patch changes all of
EXPLAIN ANALYZE outputs. When I grep'ed the docs with "loops=",
EXPLAIN ANALYZE is also used in perform.sgml and auto-explain.sgml
in addition to explain.sgml.

It's good to have documentation about "nfiltered" parameter. The best
place would be around the descriptions of "loops" in "Using EXPLAIN" page:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/using-explain.html

--
Itagaki Takahiro