recovery getting interrupted is not so unusual as it used to be - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject recovery getting interrupted is not so unusual as it used to be
Date
List pgsql-hackers
When firing up a properly shut down HS slave, I get:

LOG:  database system was interrupted while in recovery at log time
2010-05-12 20:35:24 EDT
HINT:  If this has occurred more than once some data might be
corrupted and you might need to choose an earlier recovery target.

But this is kind of an alarming hint for what is now a normal and
expected condition.  Can we detect the difference between the case
where the HINT is really accurate and the case where it's not in some
way, and display a better message?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company