Re: database access - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: database access
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 18 October 2010 21:06, Jeff Langley <jefflangley@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>  Hello;
>
> I have no difficulty connecting to a database from the command line with any
> user but when accessing the database through a browser ( a simple PHP file
> with pg_connect ), only by creating a user "apache" can the database be
> contacted. All other users produce an error in the apache log stating,
> "Ident failed for...". Any idea what is happening here?

That's because you've got "ident" authentication in your pg_hba.conf
file.  I answered a similar question earlier today, so please take a
look and see if it helps you solve this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2010-10/msg00117.php

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion