Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN why is not a callback as notice processing. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Михаил Филоненко
Subject Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN why is not a callback as notice processing.
Date
List pgsql-general

Thanks. But also I want to use postgresql and gtk with python or with c. I think, I need to make something like QSocketNotifier with callbacks instead of signals/slots.

Well, why does libpq accumulate notifi and commit developer to create loop?

select(....)
PQconsumeInput(conn)
while ((notify = PQnotifies(conn)) != NULL)
// show notify

Interface for notice processing provided by libpq is simpler. Notice and notifies very

receiver(connection, message) {// show notify
}
PQsetNoticeReceiver(receiver);

--
With best regards, Michael Filonenko