Re: tsearch Parser Hacking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Blewett
Subject Re: tsearch Parser Hacking
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>> Is it possible to modify the default tsearch parser so that / doesn't get lexed as a "file" token?
>
> There is zero, none, nada, provision for modifying the behavior of the
> default parser, other than by changing its compiled-in state transition
> tables.
>
> It doesn't help any that said tables are baroquely designed and utterly
> undocumented.
>
> IMO, sooner or later we need to trash that code and replace it with
> something a bit more modification-friendly.

I added this to the TODO as something that can be tackled in the
future. I've been wishing it would be possible to add other tokens as
well (Python dotted path 'foo.bar.baz', Perl namespace path
'Foo::Bar', more flexible version number parsing, etc).

David Blewett