Re: Connection lost - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hernan Danielan
Subject Re: Connection lost
Date
List pgsql-general
The server and the client are running in the same machine.That is why a network connection problem is almost imposible. I do not know if i am doing something wrong, my code is in my fist message. It is a extrange thing because with files less than 500KB works great. However with a file of 1.4MB it fails most of the time. Does the JDBC has a timeOut or something? does anybody knows another connector that i could use in order to test it?

I am really desperate because i have been with this problem for several days now.

Thank in advance,
Hernan

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Joshua Tolley <eggyknap@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Hernan Danielan
> <hernandanielan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, the most interesting thing is that the log says
>> unexpected EOF on client connection or  could not send data to client:
>> Broken pipe
>
> That log mostly just says something disconnected uncleanly, but
> doesn't say PostgreSQL closed the connection on purpose. Any JDBC
> driver people reading this, with ideas?

This sounds like a networking problem to me.  Are the any useful
entries in the system logs of either machine?  Can you routine scp /
rsync large files without network errors between these two boxes?  How
are they connected?