Re: optimization (can I move pgsql_tmp)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bricklen
Subject Re: optimization (can I move pgsql_tmp)?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Ozz Nixon <ozznixon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good after everyone,
>
>        We are experiencing some performance issues on a table with 7 fields, 8,800,000 rows. During some exercises,
onething I noticed is I need to change the configuration of the system to house pgsql_tmp on a host partition instead
ofthe drive array... that will get me a little more speed... is this controlled via a .conf file or pgamin?

You can try setting temp_tablespaces in your postgreqsl.conf file to
use a tablespace defined over another part of your disk subsytem.
Eg. create tablespace some_tablespace location '/some/path';

temp_tablespaces = 'some_tablespace';

Then reload your postgresql.conf file.  Not sure if it's going to help
you or not, though.