Foreign key UI bug - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Aren Cambre
Subject Foreign key UI bug
Date
List pgadmin-support
I found a UI bug when creating a foreign key.

When creating a primary key, all you have to do is select the column in the Columns tab of the dialog. You don't have to fill out any other fields; pgadmin appears to take care of this for you.

It seems then that with a foreign key, all you should have to fill out is fill out the References field in the Properties tab, then in the Columns tab just select the relevant columns. If I do this and press OK, I get this error:
An error has occurred:
ERROR: relation "fki_" already exists.

If I go back to the Properties tab and enter something into the Name field, then press OK, it works.

The problem: I don't need to enter anything in the Name field of primary key dialogs, but I do with foreign key dialogs. Can it be consistent where I don't need to enter a Name field of the foreign key, either.

Aren