Re: Wrong scale for numeric data types in MS Access and ADODB - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Richard Broersma
Subject Re: Wrong scale for numeric data types in MS Access and ADODB
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Mike Toews <mwtoews@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, I did find a simple workaround by modifying my database:
>
> ALTER TABLE chem ALTER atomic_weight TYPE numeric(28,14);
>
> I guess my case for a bug is if the numeric data type has an
> unspecified scale, then it defaults to 6 for some unknown reason.

I did a quick google search and came up with the following document:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214854

I think that it helps to explain part of the issue your seeing.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug