Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Peter Geoghegan
<peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can't concurrently execute queries from within a single
> connection. Perhaps you should use multiple connections, while
> understanding the implications of having each operate within a
> separate snapshot.

OP is not suggesting that queries run concurrently, but asking why
result sets can't be popped off as the queries resolve.  It's a good
question; it's probably either a bug in the database or the
documentation (if it does not turn out to be operator error).

Kelly, if you can produce small test case in C I'll double check it.

merlin