Re: SSI patch(es) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: SSI patch(es)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Splitting out those three would leave src/backend/ and src/include/
> which comes in at a svelte 5891 lines.
>
> With a little more work I could split the three new files
> (predicate.c, predicate.h, and predicate_internals.h) out from the
> changes scattered around the rest of the code.  That's 4346 lines and
> 1545 lines, respectively.
>
> Now, these numbers are likely to change a little in the next few
> days, but not much as a percentage outside the documentation.
>
> Thoughts?

Well, my first thought is - I'm not sure it's realistic to think we're
going to get this committed to 9.1.

But that's not a very helpful thought.  I just don't know who is going
to review 7700 lines of code in the next month, and it doesn't sound
like it can be decomposed into independent subfeatures that can be
committed independently.  Splitting it up by directory isn't really
all that helpful.  I hope someone will step up to the plate; I'm
pretty sure I can't do it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company