Re: Trigger Display Bugs in 1.12 pgAdmin - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Trigger Display Bugs in 1.12 pgAdmin
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

> Much better. So, the only way to fix this, AFAICT, is to set bytea_ouput
> to "escape" when connected to a 9.0 server. My question is this: should
> I set the parameter at the connection start, or should I set and unset
> it during the search of triggers? The latter is less error prone, but
> requires to execute three more queries (SHOW  bytea_output, SET
> bytea_output TO escape, SET bytea_output TO old_value).

Please set at connection. The old output is what all the rest of the
code expects (if anywhere does expect it), so I can't imagine it would
break anything.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com