Re: could not truncate directory "pg_subtrans": apparent wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mikko Partio
Subject Re: could not truncate directory "pg_subtrans": apparent wraparound
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
Excerpts from Mikko Partio's message of jue may 20 00:39:00 -0400 2010:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Ray Stell <stellr@cns.vt.edu> wrote:

> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-06/msg01050.php
>
> Browsing through that thread I can see that I have similar symptoms:
>
> $ pg_controldata | grep Multi
> Latest checkpoint's NextMultiXactId:  1
> Latest checkpoint's NextMultiOffset:  0

I don't remember why I insisted talking about multixacts in that thread,
but seeing that both the poster in the 2007 thread and you have problems
with the pg_subtrans directory, not pg_multixact, these "symptoms"
actually mean nothing at all.  pg_subtrans and pg_multixact are
unrelated.

I wonder if there's an off-by-one bug in SimpleLruTruncate, or perhaps
the "cutoffPage" value passed by the caller is bogus once every ten blue
moons ... hmm, it comes from GetOldestXmin ...

So, I gather this error (is it even error if it's logged on LOG level?) isn't anything serious?

Regards

Mikko