Re: No hash join across partitioned tables? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: No hash join across partitioned tables?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If we analyze the parent, do we also update the children stats, or is it
>> just that we keep two stats for the parent, one with children and one
>> without, both being updated when the parent is analyzed?
>
> The latter.
>
> The trick here is that we need to fire an analyze on the parent even
> though only its children may have had any updates.

Can we execute a SQL query at the point where we need this
information?  Because it doesn't seem too hard to work up a query that
totals the inserts, updates, and reltuples across all children of each
table.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company