Re: Sync Rep v19 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Sync Rep v19
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> One comment; what about introducing built-in function to wake up all the
> waiting backends? When replication connection is closed, if we STONITH
> the standby, we can safely (for not physical data loss but logical one)
> switch the primary to standalone mode. But there is no way to wake up
> the waiting backends for now. Setting synchronous_replication to OFF
> and reloading the configuration file doesn't affect the existing waiting
> backends. The attached patch introduces the "pg_wakeup_all_waiters"
> (better name?) function which wakes up all the backends on the queue.

If unfortunately all connection slots are used by backends waiting for
replication, we cannot execute such a function. So it makes more sense
to introduce something like "pg_ctl standalone" command?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center