Re: seg fault crashed the postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gordon Shannon
Subject Re: seg fault crashed the postmaster
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes that query does take 30 or 90 secs.  I'm pretty sure it was blocking on its twin update running concurrently. However I'm not really sure how to identify what "transaction 1283585646" was.

Enclosed is the query plan -- 21000 lines

-gordon

I tried to replicate the problem here without success, which suggests to
me that maybe it's plan-dependent.  Can you show what EXPLAIN gives you
for the troublesome query?

Another point here is that your logs suggest that the query blocked
behind the previous updater of the row for a very long time --- 90 sec
in one case, 30 sec in another.  Is that the typical runtime for one of
these updates?  If not, can you identify what the blocking query was?
If it's something different from another instance of the identical
update, it'd be useful to know what.

plan.txt (2M) Download Attachment