Re: unexpected EOF on client connection vs 9.0.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Subject Re: unexpected EOF on client connection vs 9.0.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Indeed those messages appear when the client closes the socket connection only.

Npgsql has connection pooling and if the app domain is unloaded and
there are connections in the pool, those connections don't get a
chance to have the Close message sent to backend server.

So, even when you are correctly closing your connection, you still
will see those messages.

You can prevent that from appearing by disabling the connection
pooling. Which I advise against.

Also, you may want to check if your domain app is being unloaded for
some reason.

I never see any harm being done because the connection exited without
sending the close message. So I think you could (safely?) ignore this
message on this case.

I hope it helps.