Re: Trying to obtain the intersect of two tsvector values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Allan Kamau
Subject Re: Trying to obtain the intersect of two tsvector values
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Allan Kamau <kamauallan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two tables forming a parent-child relationship, in my case a
> child entity could appear to have multiple parent records.
>
> Given records of the parent table, I would like to perform a pairwise
> determination of shared children between each such pair.
>
> I am thinking of using full text search for this. If this is the right
> direction, is there a way to obtain the intersect of two tsvector
> values?
>
> Allan.

Maybe full outer joins will help. Having a relation of the parent
flanked on either side by a child relation then prune out records in
the resulting relation not having representation on both child
relation records. I will give it a try.

Allan.