Re: Fwd: Vacuum Full + Cluster + Vacuum full = non removable dead rows - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri
Subject Re: Fwd: Vacuum Full + Cluster + Vacuum full = non removable dead rows
Date
List pgsql-performance
The problem here is that we're trying to keep an image of a whole
world for any transaction which is in most cases will need to get a
look on few streets around.. ;-)
I understand well that it's respecting the standard and so on, but the
background problem that you may see your table bloated just because
there is a long running transaction appeared in another database, and
if it's maintained/used/etc by another team - the problem very quickly
may become human rather technical :-))

So, why simply don't add a FORCE option to VACUUM?.. - In this case if
one executes "VACUUM FORCE TABLE" will be just aware about what he's
doing and be sure no one of the active transactions will be ever
access this table.

What do you think?.. ;-)

Rgds,
-Dimitri