Re: BUG #5800: "corrupted" error messages (encoding problem ?) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: BUG #5800: "corrupted" error messages (encoding problem ?)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Susanne Ebrecht
<susanne@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 07.01.2011 12:35, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> [Please keep messages on the mailing list]
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't see anything there that gives me any ideas. Anyone else have any
>> ideas?
>
> Hello,
>
> Yes.
>
> I would like to see output of CHCP.
> Which Windows codepage is used? 850?

In our testing, the windows codepage was 1252, and the console
codepage was 850 (giving the normal warning about the mismatch that
we've seen for years). That was the case on installations with, and
without the incorrect formatting.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com